About Waterborne Wood Paints
ASAC® technology has created a line of paints that exceeds the performance of any other waterborne paints available in today’s market. They apply well over primed or sealed wood surfaces and the acrylic series has even been used successfully on fiberglass and pre-primed metal substrates. They provide a very durable and opaque finish, suitable for many applications. They are also low in VOC’s, and offer the best option available to conform to KCMA, interior WDMA, and the Program Requirements of the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), Greenseal, and LEED.
Numerous colors and custom colors available.
|Epoxy||100% UV Curable||Vacuum Coat||Gloss Level||Exotic Woods|
|Polyester||Flow Coat||Scratch Resistance, Waterspot Resistance, Chemical Resistance, Anti Blocking, Fire Retardant||MDF|
|Curtain Coat||Self Cross-linking||Composite|
SCAQMD, WDMA, KCMA, SEFA
|Our capabilities to engineer custom coating solutions for our clients extend beyond the variables listed above. Contact us to discuss your special requirements.|
1. The GreenLight Coatings® paints include high-performance acrylic systems and an aliphatic polyurethane system. Depending on the product, they can provide excellent interior and/or exterior quality.
2. KCMA and interior WDMA standards can be met in addition to local, regional, and national environmental compliance standards.
3. It is recommended to apply the paints to a wet thickness between 3 mil to 6 mil (0.003” ‐ 0.006”). A wet film gauge or tooth gauge is highly recommended to achieve the target wet applied film thickness.
4. Be mindful of the fact that GreenLight Coatings® paints actually may remove residues of other types of paints from the fluid lines of finishing equipment. During start‐up, it may be possible to observe “chunks”, “slugs”, and other particulate deposits on the surface after drying.
5. With a pre‐sanding to 220 grit, one paint coat or application is often sufficient for quality results. Two coats or applications will result in exceptional surface finish quality.