About UV Paints
Van Technologies innovated pigmented UV curable technologies during the 1990’s and today our exclusive ASAC® Technology has introduced GreenLight Coatings® UV curable paints in either 100% UV curable or waterborne-UV curable compositions. They can be applied to appropriate GreenLight Coatings® UV primers or waterborne primers. The UV curable paints are available in a wide range of colors (including custom colors) and exhibit excellent adhesion. GreenLight Coatings® UV curable paints offer the perfect balance of Performance and Environmental Sustainability to allow conformance to the program requirements of the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), Green Seal, and LEED.
|Epoxy||100% UV Curable||Vacuum Coat||Gloss Level||Exotic Woods|
|Polyester||Flow Coat||Scratch Resistance, Waterspot Resistance, Chemical Resistance, Anti Blocking, Fire Retardant||MDF|
|Curtain Coat||Self Cross-linking||Composite|
SCAQMD, WDMA, KCMA, SEFA
|Our capabilities to engineer custom coating solutions for our clients extend beyond the variables listed above. Contact us to discuss your special requirements.|
- Apply the paint to a wet thickness between 0.75 mil to 1.25 mil (0.00075” ‐ 0.00125”; 18u ‐ 32u) per coat.
- It is recommended to sand the dry primed surface with 220 grit media. This will provide the smoothness quality necessary for superior topcoat application.
- If fish‐eyes or repel spots occur, check for contamination on the primed surface or for inadequate or incomplete sanding of the primed surface.
- UV cure is best facilitated by a combination of gallium doped mercury vapor and standard mercury vapor lamps to promote through cure and surface cure of the high pigment content of the UV curable primer.
- Application of additional layers of paint can be performed using 220 grit media to sand the preceding paint surface prior to applying the next coat. Follow the same cure conditions as stated above.