- Wood Coatings
- Metal Coatings
- Plastic Coatings
- Specialty Coatings
- Buy Online
- Industries Served
About UV Topcoats
Finish quality and beauty is a characteristic of our GreenLight Coatings™ UV curable topcoats. Whether you select one of our self-sealing topcoats, or apply them over our UV curable sealer, GreenLight Coatings™ UV curable topcoats will always provide an exceptional finish appearance with excellent adhesion. GreenLight Coatings™ UV curable topcoats offer the perfect balance of Performance and Environmental Sustainability to allow conformance to the program requirements of the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), Greenseal, and LEED.
1. The GreenLight Coatings™ topcoats include acrylic, epoxy, and urethane acrylate based systems. All of them provide excellent topcoat quality including exceptional abrasion and chemical resistance.
2. All systems meet the demands of the NWFA, WDMA, KCMA, and a number of other standards when cured appropriately. There are even Fire Rated finishes available.
3. It is recommended to apply the topcoats to a wet thickness between 1 mil to 1.5 mil (0.001” ‐ 0.0015”; 25u ‐ 38u).
4. Again, if the final coating surface is not uniform, check for surface contaminants on the wood substrate and any possible contaminants from the application equipment. Spray hoses must have a minimum of compressor oil and, as discussed above, it has been noted that residues in the fluid lines have been “cleaned” and removed with the use of the GreenLight Coatings™ coatings.
5. One topcoat application is sufficient for quality results with a sealer pre‐sanding to 220 grit. Two topcoat applications will result in exceptional surface finish quality.
6. UV cure is best facilitated by standard mercury vapor lamps to promote both through and surface cure of the applied thickness of coating.