- Wood Coatings
- Metal Coatings
- Plastic Coatings
- Specialty Coatings
- Buy Online
- Industries Served
GL-6400 is a waterborne exterior acrylic basecoat or sealer that is ultra low in volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) and contains zero hazardous air pollutants (HAP’s). The chemistry of the GL-6400 is based on exterior grade acrylic polymers and the use of UV absorbers to ensure color fastness.
1. The GreenLight CoatingsTM products must be applied and allowed to fully dry only when the temperature of the surrounding air, surface, and coating is between 50o and 90o F.
2. Do not attempt to apply and dry the products outdoors during rain, fog or wet weather or when threat of such occurs.
3. Do not apply to a surface hot to the touch nor on wood of excessive moisture content (hardwood species should be between 5% and 8%; sapwood and oily wood species should be between 12% and 18%).
4. All layers should be applied at a wet thickness between 3.5 mil to 6.0 mil (the use of a wet film gauge is recommended). Coverage will be approximately 350 ft2 to 400 ft2 per gallon.
5. Drying – Periods of high humidity, low temperatures, and/or application of thick coats will result in longer dry times. CIRCULATING WARM AIR WILL SPEED DRYING.